Sunday, September 1, 2013

A SAD, SAD, SAD Day for me....


A SAD, SAD, SAD Day for me....

Yes, friends, I am at home in Mississippi!  We had no internet, no phones, no tv, no newspapers while we were in Botswana.  I am posting all of these posts post Africa!  Ha! Ha! Ha!

We enjoyed such a beautiful sunrise at Mombo on our last morning!  It was sad, sad, sad for me!  We had our bags all packed before we left the camp. We were going to the plane from our game drive.  We saw lots of fun things...from crocs to hippos!  We were mesmerized by the giraffes!  First of all, some are really, really light colored and some are really, really dark colored.  We saw some courting giraffes and we saw some fighting ones!  And they fight dirty!!!  Besides, whamming each other with their heads and horns, they try to make each other fall!  I was very glad that I didn’t have to witness a broken leg!  And then we saw mating lions...this time it was male and female!  Ha!  I loved seeing them cross a river....ever on the lookout for crocs!  Loved seeing Pula one last time!  She was still under that tree guarding the little remains of her treasured baboon kill that was still tucked safely away high in the branches.  We also came upon vultures finishing off the remains of an impala.  We wondered who had been lucky with that kill...and soon we found out.  We came upon an extremely full pride of lions.  I have never seen such full ones!  They were so full that they couldn’t get comfortable laying down.  And then in was time....  that time I had been dreading before I even arrived.  Before I knew what was happening, and with a huge lump in my throat and a few tears...okay a LOT of tears...streaming down my cheeks, we were in the air.  I can’t put into words how much this place means to me....

No comments:

Post a Comment