Thursday, August 15, 2013

Rain, Rain Go Away!!!

Barry had organized a wakeup call for early morning....because he just does! We had no early morning appointments, no scheduled activity, nothing... We got our call. I am quite certain that Davis received one too. But we all just kept on sleeping until almost nine! Yay! When we opened our draperies we couldn't see any of Table Mountain for the clouds. We have not seen the top of Table Mountain since we have been here. Weirdly, it makes us a little happy to know that we wouldn't have been able to go to the top even if it were open. I can remember going to see Mt. Cook in New Zealand. It was shrouded in clouds. We finally caught a glimpse of the peak because it was a full moon, because we had lost our car keys and were stranded, and because I stared at it from mid afternoon till around 11:30pm. Oh well, Davis can just thumb through my photos from October 2011 and get an idea of how beautiful the views are! After a lovely breakfast, we shopped a bit around the harbor and even enjoyed a brief harbor cruise. We were fortunate that the sun was shining during that activity. As soon as we walked into a restaurant to eat lunch, the heavens opened and it poured. The rain ceased long enough for us to quickly walk back to the hotel. Our driver from our next stop "collected" us and we sadly left Cape Town. In route to Gansbaai, over the mountains and over the mountains, we drove through Hermanus, where Barry and I visited almost 2 years ago. Our driver took us past Birkenhead House where we stayed almost 2 years ago. It was whale season then and it is now, too! We saw several Southern Right Whales on our journey today. We love our new home for 2 nights, Grootsbos. We have 2 cottages...each with a fabulous ocean view. One of the dessert choices tonight at our 6 course dinner was Mississippi Mud Cake. It was very different from Memama's.....but nonetheless fabulous! It is COLD! We have a fire glowing in the fireplace! Tomorrow, we have a 5:45am wakeup call to go great white shark cave diving. It was cool when we did this on our last trip here. It is COLD this time! And we were told tonight that the seas have been and will be VERY rough! So rough in fact that we were given meds to take tonight and then again in the morning before we depart! I am just not positive that I can put on a wet, wetsuit and jump in that freezing water tomorrow. It's not the sharks that bother me... I think I am too old to do things that I know are going to make me uncomfortable! Ha! But, yes, I have already PAID to be stupid! We will see how stupid I am tomorrow!

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment