Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The One and Only Cape Town

It's 1:21am here in Cape Town, but my body doesn't think it's time to sleep. Barry wanted to order a 6am wakeup call, but Davis and I persuaded him to make it for 7. He has been working nonstop on the iPad since we got here! So far, no vacation for him! Our hotel is lovely with beautiful views of Table Mountain. We loved, loved taking the cable car up to the top when we were here before. The sunset.....the view of Robben Island...the beautiful city of Cape Town all spread out before us. We couldn't wait to take Davis up to have that same experience! Well, guess what, the cable car is CLOSED for maintenance while we are here!!!! I feel a little bit like the Grizwalds felt when the got to WallyWorld and it was closed! Ugh! But, that is not what is keeping me up!!! There is another reason why I can't sleep.....but first the story behind the story ....... I was sleeping really well in my cubicle. I think I could have slept till wheels down. But, I woke up with a nose bleed. Not just any ole nose bleed.....it was gushing! Blood was all over the pretty white linen pillowcase! I was holding my nose with both hands which now look like I have been on a recent episode of CSI! I am trying to get Barry's attention (Yes, he is in the cubicle sort of beside me...working!). He couldn't hear me saying, "Get me some tissues!", because my hands were covering my mouth! I couldn't unbuckle my seat belt because of my nasty hands! I had a lot of looks when I did make myself semi- presentable to walk up the aisle to the lady's room. Which brings me to now! WHY is my nose bleeding again???? I have tissue wadded up under my upper lip. And I even have a tissue stuck in my nose so that I could type this! But it isn't slowing down!!!!!! If I looked like Angelina Jolie, I would for sure take a pick of me and send to y'all! You'll just have to use your imagination! And many of y'all know what blood does to me! UGH!!!!

Sent from my iPad

5 comments:

  1. omgosh!!!!!!! that is scary. but you make is sound so funny that its funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! My question is answered, keep on blogging. I get nosebleeds with altitude change sometimes, hopefully that is all it was. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angelyn, that is awful! When I get a chance, I will try to ask Fred's uncle who is an ENT. I had an eardrum rupture on a flight to NC, but no nosebleed. However, I did have a nosebleed from Mary E's cat's fur. Not fun at all. Hope all is okay now.

    xo,

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. I will check with Mel, and make sure the cat didn't stowaway in your nap sack. ;-)

    ReplyDelete