Saturday, December 10, 2011

Brain Freeze in Sydney!!!!!

We arrived in Sydney last evening. We were so sad to leave to leave New Zealand! What a great country! The Kiwi are wonderful! I have never seen such beautiful mountains or stunning beaches! Everything was pretty much a big WOW!!!! When we checked into our hotel last evening, the desk clerk said said something about us being here one night. I quickly told him that NO, NO, NO.....we are here for TWO nights. He looked confused ..... I showed him a confirmation that said we were booked for 2 nights. He smiled and said yes mam.....and changed our stay for 2 nights! And this episode made no bells ring in my brain!!!! We went to dinner. Got back to the hotel. Barry asked me what time our plane was leaving on Sunday. I really almost didn't check....I was tired. But, I got the folder out.....we were to leave the next day!!!!!! THEN I REMEMBERED!!!!!! I had earlier gotten the 11th stuck in my brain. Sweet Mary Manthei that put our trip together had to change this reservation to 1 night from 2 way back when I realized this faux pas on my part! Well.....I FORGOT! TOTALLY FORGOT!!!! I knew that my confirmation was a day off....somewhere back in the deep recesses of my brain! Well, I got on then phone with Delta to just see if there was any chance that we could switch our flights to Sunday. Barry, in the meantime, scurried around trying to get all of our stuff together to leave for home in a few hours. And we had a lot of paper work and repacking!!!!! We were both pleasantly shocked and relieved that Delta was able to change our whole schedule!!!! I really made a GINORMOUS mistake!!! UGH!!!! So thankful and happy that Barry asked me to check our air confirmation!!!! We were able to sleep last night instead of panic and pack! We had a great day today after getting everything in order to depart on Sunday. We went to Manly Beach....did a lot of walking in the area. Had fun watching the surfers. We also walked around a lot in the harbor this evening into the night. Sydney is an incredibly beautiful city!!!! One of my favorites.....if not my most favorite!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment