Thursday, August 7, 2014

Monkey Business

Barry, Taylor, and Katie cooled off in the pool before lunch. After lunch, I walked back to our cottage at Sasakwa while they played billiards. As I was approaching the cottage, I saw baboons around the cottage. As I unlocked the front door, I could see them on the back porch. They were having a fine time! They had finished Barry's Diet Coke. And they were playing with his bathing suit that he had left out to dry. I opened the back door and waved my arms and yelled.....they just looked at me...especially the very large ring leader. The smaller ones, had grabbed Barry's bathing suit and were trying to abscond with it! It was hung up on a tree branch! I calmly called the reception desk...(Sasakwa is glamping....there are phones!) and asked that my family be told to return to the cottage. I needed help rescuing the bathing suit! Taylor and Barry together scared all the baboons off to a respectable distance to perform a rescue. Taylor borrowed a decorative spear from the interior of the cottage and he fished it off the tree branch! There are lots of bite marks and tears in it...but of course, Barry still used it!


Sent from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Angelyn,

    I can't believe Barry wore those trunks after baboons slobbered on them, but I am related to "Evelyn" in that respect. The holes? Not so bad. The monkey slobber? That's a "hole" 'nother matter. I guess he can brag to his friends that he wasn't bitten by a baboon, but his trunks were! ;-)

    xo

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete