Monday, March 23, 2015

Please Mind the Gap!

I am not sure why I decided that it would be a good idea to take the subway to the Gardens by the Bay this morning in Singapore?!  Right away, I got lost trying to find the subway.  I had already asked 2 hotel workers where the nearest station was...and I had absolutely no idea what they told me. I got a general direction.  After running into Barry on the streets in Singapore, he suggested that I asked someone else.  A very nice man, who finally understood that I didn't mean the Subway sandwich shop pointed me in the right direction.  After going through the customer service line twice and the ticket line once, I successfully purchased my ticket at the do it yourself kiosk.  I must say I was flat out impressed!!!  It was so squeaky clean!  I would let my grandsons play on the floor!  It was amazing!   Each seat next to a door had a reserved sign on it for elderly, for a pregnant lady, for a mom (sorry, it was clearly a mom!) with a child, or someone with a cast on their leg! And NO one sat in those seats except the elderly and moms with young children!   Here are some pics:



The handles were all at my eye level!  I am 
Pretty much a giant at 5'4"!  And lots of very
young kids were riding alone today.  They
could easily reach a handle!


Look at these floors!  Look at the pretty
flower paintings and photos!  

1 comment: