Sunday, July 27, 2014

Cheetahs Galore!

Anyone that knows me well will smile or maybe laugh when they read that I woke up ready to go and with a smile on my face this morning! I watched the sun come up over Mt. Kenya! The highlight this morning...and truly a highlight of a lifetime happened this morning! While we were watching FIVE cheetahs all together (and I must say to see 5 at one time is remarkable!!!!), one of them decided to check us out! He jumped first on top of the hood or as they like to say in Kenya...the bonnet! Next thing I knew he was on top of our canvas top! And the entire top was not on the vehicle! I was sitting in the middle. I made Barry sit in the 3rd row with our spotter so that I could have a "table" with his seat! Ha! Barry has never moved so fast in his life! I am pretty sure that I felt his hand push me towards the back of the vehicle as he leapt over me to the front! Luckily, he was videoing until he deserted the back seat. I had my big lens on so I have great pics of the cheetah on the bonnet and his paw hanging over. Barry tossed the "wee camera" to our spotter and he got some TOTALLY AWESOME PICS!!!! it was one of the most exiting things that has ever happened to me! As soon as he jumped off of the vehicle, he went to the bathroom. I am very thankful he waited!!!! Ha!!!!
Later that morning we saw a very huffy hippo that should her disgust with us! It was fun watching her do ballerina turns in that very unballerina body! We saw a unicorn! I knew that I would see one during my lifetime! James (guide extraordinaire and driver) and Bruchar (spotter, camera guru) keep telling me that it is a one horned eland. But, I know they are wrong! A flock of crowned cranes was fun to see also. We had a lovely breakfast picnic under a fever tree in the most perfect position. We watched elephants, rhinos, and colorful birds galore while social weavers built their round nests all in the branches of the tree.

Sent from my iPad

1 comment: