Thursday, July 24, 2014

I think Barry's awake...well, maybe not....

I think Barry is finally awake....well, maybe not...
On the morning that we arrived in Amsterdam, Barry was his usual let's go walk around the city for 4 hours as soon as we unpack! I never want to walk around anywhere after 2 flights and layovers lasting at least 13 hours! Strangely, Barry suggested that we take a nap as he was putting away his empty suitcase. Yay! I slept for maybe 45 minutes. I left Barry sleeping as I showered and read? Finally, he awoke after a 3 hour nap. The next morning he kept nodding off ..... Well falling asleep really...beginning at about 8:30am?! He finally came to life at about 4pm. Next day, same thing! I decided to do a little investigating. While I leave all medicines in their original containers, Barry puts all of his in a daily dose pill box. I discovered that he had put Ambien in the daily morning pills!!!! It was to be used only for insomnia and jet lag if needed!!!!!!! We have very different opinions on how/why this happened! Hahahahahaha!!!!! Now we had a new problem, he zero medicine for his esophagus.....that was in Jackson!!! After several texts, Alice was able to get his medicine from Sarah to take with her to Maryland for Katie and Taylor to bring to us to Kenya! Got all that? To tide Barry over till he get his "stuff" from Katie, he easily able to get the same pills over the counter in Amsterdam! Cheap!!! I think there are a lot of things can be bought cheaply in Amsterdam! Oddly, the same thing happened today?!?! Today was our first day to begin taking malaria meds. We are taking a different malaria preventative medicine than we have taken previously. I got the bottle out and read it today after he was sleepy and a little dizzy this morning.....it can cause dizziness ...and there is something on that bottle that says not to operate heavy machinery! Well, he's gotta keep taking that for a few weeks! Oddly, it hasn't bothered me yet! But, it has had quite a calming effect on Barry!!! We haven't had to play the quiet game one time!!!!

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment