Saturday, July 26, 2014

What a day!!!!!!

When you are checking in for an overseas flight, the last thing you want to see is the airline desk clerk purse her lips, grimace, and type way more than normal! And it's a little nauseating, when you are instructed to go to the main ticket office to see if a supervisor can perhaps find your record locator number or reservation number! Whew! I acted like we had won the lottery she handed our boarding passes to us! I had to remind myself that we did indeed pay for them! I will admit that I didn't know quite what to expect on an 8 hour overseas flight on Kenya Airways. Wow! We were blown away! I was so happy on that brand new Dreamliner that I never slept! Meeting us at immigration in Nairobi was our dear friend and "handler" Patricia Mwuara! We met her 3 years ago. Let me assure you, if you ever go to Kenya...you want Patricia guiding you through everything!!!! The last time we were here, she saved our lives when we HAD to have more pages added to our passports. She knows everyone in Kenya...and of course she had contacts at the American Embassy. This time she saved our lives by keeping our 18 kilos of overweight stuff that I had in my luggage that can't be taken on the Barbie planes to the safari lodges. Yes, I had to open my suitcase in the airport and take out about half of what I had packed! When we landed at Lewa airstrip, we were met by our 2 guides/drivers/spotters for our stay here at Sirikoi. They were dressed in the attire that they wear everyday! Big WOW! On our way to Sirikoi, I saw 3 animals that I hadn't seen before: Grevy's zebra, reticulated giraffe, oryx, and a gray headed kingfisher bird. I love this lodge so much and the owners, too!

Sent from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Bags are 18 kilos overweight? Must be the electric rollers.

    ReplyDelete