Sunday, July 27, 2014

Loving Lewa!!!

After a stellar morning, we are about to have lunch on the deck. We enjoyed another bush breakfast on a hill overlooking a beautiful part of Lewa. We saw 4 cowardly lions early this morning. I had a great time watching 14 rhinos....2 sets on mamas with babies. We saw leopard tracks and could hear the alarm calls, but we never saw it. I have a feeling that it was probably watching us the entire time! And we had another first! I had never even heard of this animal before.... a gerenuk!?!? It resembles a Dr. Seuss character! A cross between a giraffe and an antelope would be the best way to describe it. It was very skittish and left in a hurry. Hoping I got a least 1 pic! Last night, the owners had a lot of friends over for a cocktail party...some neighbors and friends (who are staying with neighbors) from as far away as Michigan. I am thinking that this is sort of like the Delta...they think nothing of driving a far distance for a party! I think they are all invited back for lunch....better go...don't want to miss anything!!!


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment