Wednesday, July 23, 2014

It's a Beauty!

Amsterdam is a beautiful city. Yes, there are some "Yuck" things here....but, I choose to enjoy all the beauty, history, and uniqueness that make Amsterdam so intriguing. We ate at a wonderful restaurant tonight with old and new friends that was in a house built in 1640. I love walking along the small side canals. There are a lot of green thumbs here! Everywhere there are container gardens, window boxes, and tiny plots brimming with colorful flowers that make me happy! It's difficult to NOT have a steeple in your view somewhere. It's even more difficult to not get plowed down by the tall, thin, blonde natives zipping by on their bicycles. I know that I could become a dedicated biker (and I don't mean motorcycles!!!) if Jackson was flat, compact, and had way more bicycles than cars!!

Sent from my iPad

1 comment: