Monday, October 10, 2011

Who blinked first?

I wrote a post earlier about the leopard and the warthog,but it didn't upload for unknown reasons! On our next to the last day at Royal Malawane, we came upon a leopard (I think I posted pics, but if I didn't, I will!) staring at a large warthog. And the warthog was staring at him. Usually leopards don't go after large warthogs because they can get really hurt or even killed by a large warthogs tusks. Often they follow them back to their homes and snatch a young one. However, after a long, long stare-down, the warthog turned and ran. The leopard took off in hot pursuit. We tried to somewhat follow, but the bush was just too thick. Later, the leopard was found in the middle of the road chowing down on the warthog. Amazing!!! We are now in beautiful Cape Town! San Francisco weather. I slept late.....Barry woke up early (back to Mississippi ways!). We had fun eating lunch on the waterfront and shopping around. Before we did that, Barry bought me an early Christmas present. My camera had been on the blink for 2 days. I missed a lot of great shots. So blessed to have had Ryan as a guide because he truly helped me with settings to "finagle" the photos that I was able to get. He sent us to a great camera shop here in Cape Town. It is like a very large and extremely busy DeVille. Can't wait to try it out tomorrow! Headed to the Cape of Good Hope tomorrow. Hopefully, we can go up to to the top of Table Mtn, too. It was closed today because of the wind.

1 comment:

  1. Love the blog and hearing/seeing what yall are doing! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete