Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Where is my invitation???

After a long breakfast with new friends from Manchester, England, we rode around the golf course just to see it. It did not disappoint. Thought about my golf playing sons-in-laws, brothers, and friends and how much they would love it....I think! What do I know about golf.....very little! We left our new favorite place and decided to stop in Napier and just walk around and grab a bite. The town is right on the water. It was totally devastated by an earthquake in 1931. The entire town rebuilt.....in Art Deco style. It is great! The Cannon's would love it! We do! We left Napier and drove over the mountains to Taupo. We drove along Lake Taupo and then headed north. We arrived at our newest home away from home....Huka Lodge. I have wanted to come here to stay and to fish for as long as I can remember. We love the grounds, the lodge, the people, our cottage, and the food! Will let you know how the fishing goes tomorrow!!! This started out as a fishing and hunting camp in the 1920's....the original lodge has been added on to....but it is pretty awesome. 2 weeks ago, Peter Jackson (director of LOTR and now directing The Hobbit movies) had his 50th birthday party weekend here. My invitation must have come to our home while we were in Africa!

No comments:

Post a Comment